11.02.2005

Hoi An Restaurant

Finally, pho! This little gem is in Tribeca, on West Broadway between Duane and Thomas. I've been craving pho soup as it was a staple in my routine back in rainy Seattle.

My friends I also ordered the #6 appetizer, Nem Nuong and Goi Ga, a shredded chicken salad with a lime & fish sauce dressing.
The appetizer was fantastic - yummy grilled pork patties that you assemble yourself in provided rice paper wrappers with basil, mint and lettuce. Don't forget the dipping sauce.



The soup arrived steaming hot with basil & sprouts already added. We were given small bowls of hot sauce and hoisin sauce to add as desired. At our request, the waiter brought more of both and a heaping bowl of lime wedges. He said that we were making the soup the way he does and that he felt like he had friends. It was darn cute.

2 comments:

Mona said...

Wow, I was just in that neighborhood last night, I probably walked by it and didn't even realize it! I will definitely check it out next time. Those pork patties look great. Love the pictures :)

Jess said...

mmm...pho...
it is not possible for me to look at a picture of pho without wanted to eat it right away. i'm so glad you found some in ny.